LOW 550 SCOTLAND CONTINUING IN 2018:
LOW 550 Scotland Jumping Cup 2017:
Low 550 Scotland in 2016/17
LOW 550 Scotland is a Jumping Cup competition for handlers wishing to compete in a prestigious qualifier at the same height as the Lower Height Option at KC Agility tests. This Special sponsored event is open to all dogs in the Large height category (ie measuring over 430mm at the withers) and with hurdles set at 550mm.
Five qualifying heats will be held around the country, each one split into two parts for Combined Grades 1-4 and Combined Grades 5-7. All dogs will run over the same course and shows have the option of running the parts together or separately. The top two dogs and handlers from each part will qualify for a similarly split Final taking place at Tweedbank DTC Open Agility Show on 24/25 June 2017 at Springwood Park, Kelso, Scottish Borders, TD5 8LS. The overall winners of each part in the Final will also qualify to represent Scotland at the Final of the LOW 550 National Jumping Cup at Prestbury Park Championship and Premier Agility Show in September 2017, at Cirencester Park in Gloucestershire.
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS
SMART (Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Therapy) Clinic: http://www.smartvetwales.co.uk/
Tracey Kirkpatrick (T K Accountants) http://www.tk-accountants.co.uk/ Fb: @TKAcountants
Suina Victoria Rogers (Train in the Ring) http://www.traininthering.co.uk/
Glennifer 3/4 September 2016
Train in the Ring 24/25 September 2016
Woodside 30 April 2017
SKC 21 May 2017
Tweedbank 24/25 June 2017 (last chance heat and Final)
Email address for queries concerning this event: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/low550scotland/ for results, reports, photos, videos, course plans and much more!
- The LOW 550 Scotland heats and Final MAY consist of hurdles set at 550mm, pipe tunnels, weaves and long jump (set at KC minimum length for Large dogs of 1.2m) only.
- LOW 550 Scotland is open to all grades of dog measuring over 430mm at the withers.
- Each heat will be split into two parts for Combined Grades 1-4 and Combined Grades 5-7. All dogs will run over the same course and shows have the option of running the parts together or separately.
- Competitors entering the competition are deemed to have agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the host club.
- Competitors may enter more than one dog in a heat and qualify more than one dog for the Final.
- Qualifiers may enter further heats for competition, providing they are eligible.
- Handlers who gain a place in a heat with a previously qualified dog should inform the Show Secretary on the day of the show.
- In the event of a dog qualifying more than once for the Final, or a handler being unable to attend the final, reserves may be invited.
- Trophy for 1st place in both parts of each heat.
- Rosettes to 1st-4th place in both parts of each heat.
- LOW 550 Scotland for the 2017 final will consist of five heats held at agility shows around the country.
- Final. The top 2 dogs and handlers from each part of the five heats will be invited to compete at the Final at Tweedbank DTC Open Agility Show on 24/25th June 2017. This will also be split into two parts, run over the same course, with separate results.
- The overall winners in each part of the Final of LOW 550 Scotland will also qualify to represent Scotland at the Final of the LOW 550 National Jumping Cup at Prestbury Park DATC Championship and Premier Show in September 2017. Special award at this Final for the Best Rescue dog, awarded by Fun with Fido.